One of the many great benefits of American Express’s Platinum cards (Personal, Business, and Mercedes-Benz versions) is that they will reimburse cardholders for the $100 Global Entry application fee. This is valid for one charge, one time over the life of the card.
I decided to finally take the time to use this benefit and apply.
Global Entry enables those who qualify expedited seervice at the Customs and Border Patrol arrival stations upon reentry into the United States. CBP reports that less one percent of travelers with Global Entry wait longer than twenty minutes at customs. Considering I’ve spent way longer than that in some customs lines, I am anxious to get approved.
The first step is to create an account at the .
After that, it’s as simple as following the on-screen directions.
Information you will need:
- Employment history for the last five years
- Address history for the last five years
- A list of all foreign countries you have traveled to in the last five years
- Driver’s license information, if applicable
- Passport information (other documents may be accepted)
- Criminal conviction history, if applicable
All in all the process took less than fifteen minutes. My application is currently pending review. The next step will be to schedule and attend an in-person interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center (at airports).
What’s your experience with Global Entry?